RS&H is currently seeking an experienced Architectural/Engineering Project & Specification Manager to join our Building Service Group within the Aviation practice.
Our team is passionate about aviation. We choose to design airport terminals and related facilities at airports throughout the U.S. and abroad. Our projects are experienced by millions of people each year and reach hundreds of millions of dollars in construction value. We foster, value, and reward people who are creative, self-motivated, and collegial. You will lead multi-discipline teams toward the development of aviation-related architectural projects. You will actively engage with clients and contractors, ensure that projects are performed within design, cost and schedule parameters, and oversee quality control procedures. You will have an opportunity to define and implement standards, efficiencies, and best practices for RS&H’s Aviation Buildings Service Group (BSG) across 7 offices - Jacksonville, Charlotte, Fort Lauderdale, Chicago, Denver, Dallas, and Los Angeles. The Aviation BSG is a full-service team consisting of architecture, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and technology professionals that work with our other aviation focused specialists (airfield engineering, planning, environmental and resiliency) to bring airport projects to fruition. You will lead the development, management, and application of specifications for BSG architecture and engineering projects. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that will embrace your ideas to better serve our clients and increase RS&H’s presence in national and local organizations to become an industry leader and authority in project document specifications.
- Creation of a standardized specification, current with industry trends, legal language and attributes, product research, and applicable testing standards that would be used in the creation of all aviation project specifications
- Implementation and maintenance of a centralized specification library to be accessed across offices
- Develop and implement the use of smart templates across all disciplines
- Create, update, and deploy strategies for specification SOP’s for both Architectural and Engineering groups
- Assess: Evaluate current workflows and strategies for the creation of our specifications
- Plan: Create a plan for implementation and integration into the design process based on the Master Spec
- Implement: Execute the plan, provide required training, develop master templates across disciplines, install necessary software, etc.
- Confirm: Demonstrate the success of the plan by evaluating goals established in the assessment
- Develop and enforce specification standards and quality control strategies for projects
- Provide general specification integration and technical support to production staff
- Assist teams in using their BIM design models to create and coordinate design specifications
- Work with BIM Management to develop workflows which integrate with specification development
- Work with Project Managers to provide support for specification creation, research, development, and completion of individual Project Manuals
- Project Management responsibilities
- Implement specification training programs including, but not limited to, developing onboarding training, continuing education for various staff levels, and leading new software integration
- Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating new version releases and customization of specifications and related products
- Provide support working closely with the Building Service Group leadership and IT as it relates to specification production
- Stay informed on industry best practices in order to create written evaluations for future specification technology adoption
- Be able to identify and develop performance vs. proprietary specifications as well as work with Aviation team members on front-end specifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related industry from an accredited college or university preferred
- CSI Certified
- 10+ years of in-depth specification writing experience for A/E buildings firm with experience in the Design and Construction industry with a comprehensive understanding of the design and construction process
- Knowledgeable of all project delivery methods DBB, CMAR, DB, PDB
- Leadership/management experience preferred
- Experience in multi-disciplinary specification content development
- Proficient in specification industry standards and their implementation into construction documentation
- Experience with preparation of complete Project Manuals in written and electronic formats.
- Experience with providing expertise on codes, AHJ requirements, testing standards, quality assurance, and construction means and methods, regionally
- Able to coordinate with airports nationally, and adopt their specification standards, as required, for the creation of Project Manuals
- Familiar with FAA specification and guideline coordination preferred
- Familiar with BIM integration into the specification writing and assembly process
- Experience with integrated specification software applications (ie: VisiSpec, SpecLink, etc.)
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD for the purposes of familiarity and integration
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu software application, for Quality Control reviews of PDF file formats.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as necessary
Our aviation experts are recognized, industry leaders who provide cutting-edge solutions that shape the future of aviation in four broad service areas: airfields, buildings, environmental, and planning. From large hub to small hub, commercial to private, you can help create aviation systems that serve communities around the world.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.