At Jacobs our Architectural Designers provide a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. Reporting to Project Architect and a federal group leader, the successful candidate will work as a core project team.
The Architectural Designer is responsible for the coordination, development, and production of deliverables in support of overall scope of Architecture-Engineering projects under the guidance of more senior technical staff.
The Architectural Designer will take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assigned to you. Individuals in this position must demonstrate the ability to progress from basic design work assignments to more complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and work under tight deadlines, while maintaining high quality standards
- Prepare 2D and 3D architectural design drawings in all phases
- Performs construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including document management and processing RFI's and Change Orders
- Support PM, senior designer and/or architects in preparing project design and construction documents
- Participate in internal and external meetings and document discussions
- Gather information, makes studies, and prepare original rough layouts and sketches as required
- Perform routine tasks under general supervision using well-defined standards, procedures and codes
- Coordinate design with other architects and engineering disciplines
- Perform product research; assist project designers and project architects with materials selection and system research
- Assist in the design of new buildings, or renovations of existing buildings
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- United States Citizenship
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture
- At least 2 years' Architectural design experience
- Candidates must be a registered Architect or on track for attaining a license
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- Self-motivated personality with the ability to work collaboratively and independently as appropriate in studio environment
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines
- Proficiency in REVIT
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel program
- Basic understanding of IBC and Accessibility Codes
- Ability to travel
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Proficiency in graphic software such as SketchUp, Bluebeam, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Rhino
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .