Architectural BIM Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we arepartners withour clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
Senior Proficiency Level. Works with professional staff in scheduling work and assigning support staff to their projects. Responsible for the training and development of staff. Assists architects in outlining objectives, requirements and design approaches. Proficient in Revit and knowledgeable in software related to Building Design and Graphic Imaging.
- Develops non-routine and complex plans, specifications, and reports. Responsible for verifying the accuracy of drawings, compatibility of work across disciplines and for checking detail and quantity calculations. Calculates design data, prepares layouts, detailed specifications, estimates, reports, etc.
- Assists in preparing architectural studies and evaluations involved in the development of projects from initial concept to the design stage, with the assistance from the project architect.
- Attends project and pre-construction meetings and provides input to ensure proper policies, procedures, and specifications are followed.
- Responsible for resolving technical design problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed design work and data.
- Performs general administrative assistance by maintaining complex project plans. May develop documentation, budget figures, staffing needs and training plans, goals and accomplishments for project management reports; monitors accomplishments as related to targeted goals.
- Makes recommendations regarding process improvement for project delivery at the office level.
- Ability to work effectively and participate in working relationships with clients and sub-contractors.
- Provides training and mentoring of less experienced Architects. May assist in coordinating work efforts and reviewing work performed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Drafting, Design, Architecture, or other related field
8 years related experience
General Work Conditions
Office Environment: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently, and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use.