About the Opportunity
DMI is seeking a full time Big Data Architect to support a project that will help to build infrastructuresupport applications.
- Manages major projects that involve providing professional support services and/or the integration, implementation and transition of large, complex systems.
- Provides design and development of e-government solutions and is responsible for technical design and implementation of the architecture.
- Designs, develops and maintains infrastructure and backend applications.
- Provides expertise on defining the role of broadband and wireless applications.
- Provides definition of current State architectureblueprints. Provides expertise with web servers, gateways, and application servers and content management systems.
- Provides experience in web application technologies and middleware solutions.
- Researches new technologies and products for their applicability to business processes.
- Must be able to compare various solutions and determine the one which best fits the need.
- Ensures that development efforts are well planned and in agreement with standards.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required
- 5 years of MarkLogic (v8 or v9) development & architecture - primary design and development
- 3 years of MarkLogic Data modeling
- 3 years of XQuery coding in MarkLogic
- 5 years of XML technologies (such as XSLT, XPath and XQuery)
- 5 years experience with semantic and coding queries
- Working knowledge on Data Governance, Marklogic best practices and design principles
- Designing and developing code, scripts and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data integrated from multiple sources
- Installing and configuring Mark Logic software
- Developing strong and effective working relationships with customers and internally with other consultants and teams.
- Collaborating with clients to define future MarkLogic based applications
- Experience with various architectures/technologies including J2EE, JSON, XML, XSLT, SOA/Web Services, SQL, HTML, HTTP
- Experience with XML and related technologies (XSLT and/or XQuery)
Min. Citizenship Status Required : None
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.