Are you passionate about the chance to bring your extensive technical experience to drive the Audit Technology group using industry best practices in a world class company? Thomson Reuters is looking for a Software Architect who will be responsible to the overall design and architecture of our current and Next-Gen Audit cloud suite of products. The architect will be driving the overall design and solutioning for products built by a large, globally-dispersed group of dedicated engineers. You will be directly accountable for the technical success of our current Audit products while also defining, innovating and supporting the delivery on our next generation cloud audit offering.
About the Role
In this opportunity as an Architect - Technology, you will:
- Serve as the senior most technical member of the Audit Technology organization, providing guidance and setting direction for architectural and development activities
- Work across geographical boundaries to ensure that high-quality solutions are delivered in a timely fashion
- Mentor development teams in software engineering best practices with a focus on delivering consistently high-quality software with supporting test cases and documentation
- Contribute to Thomson Reuters enterprise efforts, representing and speaking on behalf of the Audit organization in such areas as shared capabilities, API development and service design
- Perform proof-of-concept work to evaluate and vet solutions that may provide value to the team
- Work ahead of the teams in terms of feature planning and architecting solutions, while documenting findings and transitioning work to the development teams for production implementation
- Design technology roadmaps that align with product roadmaps toward new generation of Audit applications and services.
- Collaborate with business and product teams to ensure completeness and common understanding of product vision, roadmap and requirements.
- Think strategically: See patterns and relationships in information and events; clarify and simplify complex information; anticipate trends and possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities; consistently think and act “ahead of the curve;” anticipate and effectively respond with urgency.
You’re a fit for the role of Architect - Technology if you:
- Have a deep technical understanding of cloud-native architecture and engineering best practices
- Have experience in building, monitoring and troubleshooting microservices at scale. Good understanding of AWS services and their applications.
- Good understanding of microservices architectural patterns like Event Sourcing, CQRS and Domain Driven Design
- Well versed with microservices and application security. Working knowledge of OAuth2.0 is desirable
- Can work hands-on with Java or .NET
- Have built distributed architectures
- Have designed and developed applications that leverage relational databases as well as NoSQL databases
- Stay up-to-date with IT Operations trends and new best practices.Can demonstrate a learning-mindset and how you have put it to practice.
- Are proficient with DevOps concepts and tools such as Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes and Docker
- Understand systems monitoring for cloud native architectures, such as alerting and analytics (Logstash, Nagios, Splunk, Datadog etc.)
- Are effective working both independently and in a team setting
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
What’s in it For You
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Learning & Development: Excellent professional and personal development, exposure to leading-edge technology
- Flexible work arrangements, comprehensive health coverage
- Social events & activities, employee discount programs through corporate perks