This role serves as an evangelist for Citrix and interfaces with various levels of the organization. The Citrix Infrastructure Architect responsible for understanding business objectives and is accountable for translating them into the overall, designs, implementation, and optimization of the Citrix infrastructure. This role applies expert knowledge and skill to deliver a stable, secure, fault tolerant, scalable, and flexible Citrix infrastructure. This role is responsible for interfacing with CDW's Enterprise Architecture function to ensure alignment with overall Enterprise design
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the deployment and management of Citrix XenApp, NetScaler, StoreFront, Web Interface, and associated environments
- Oversee end to end System Development Life Cycle of the Citrix architecture/design through to system deployment and operations.
- Collaborates with internal engineering/architecture teams to ensure the design, configuration and performance meets the needs of the Citrix service
- Makes technical decisions related to system upgrades and develops implementation plans
- Lead technically complex activities related to application presentation and upgrades as they relate to Citrix environment
- Accountable for addressing problems and proactively troubleshoot irregularities before they become service-impacting issues (including performance tuning)
- Collaborate with business and project teams to gather requirements, and business needs.
- Work with a variety of proprietary applications for implementation and perform upgrades as required
- Develop detailed design specifications, internal standards, documentation and procedures related to the Citrix infrastructure including SOPs related to monitoring system health, alerting and response.
- Assigns duties such as application support, patch management, client support activities, etc.
- Develop, update and manage scripts developed in PowerShell and Windows batch script
- Regulatory audit (PCI, HIPAA, etc.) remediation
- Act as a technical point of reference for and mentor Citrix engineers.
- Participate in business continuity planning for infrastructure.
- Coordinate with IT Help Desk to communicate issue status and respond to questions.
- Rotate On-Call support responsibility.
- Support security policies, practices, and guidelines for the Citrix infrastructure.
- Researches, recommends tests and installs new software versions as required meeting business needs and using CDW best practices.
- Identify, recommend and implement hardware upgrades and coordinates installation activities.
- Proactively collaborate cross-departmentally on projects.
- Work additional evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- 10% travel required.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- 12 years in Systems Engineering, or 10 years CDW Systems Engineering experience.
- For Citrix
- 10 years of Citrix Engineering/Architecture experience
- 5 or more yrs. experience in Citrix design and implementation including NetScaler.
- 3 or more yrs. experience leading technical teams or projects
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience in as a technical lead
- Experience in Citrix NetScaler/Access Gateway design and implementation
- Experience in XenApp/XenDesktop design and implementation
- Experience in User Profile Management design and implementation
- Active Directory administration
- Working knowledge of basic database administration functions
- General troubleshooting capabilities across the OSI model
- Knowledge of general virtualization product like VMware or Hyper-V
- Experience monitoring server performance and troubleshooting problem areas
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Expert working knowledge of the appropriate operating systems and physical hardware.
- Proven history of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relay technical information to a non-technical audience and effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to details
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Solid process documentation skills.
- FSLogix – Office 365 Container
- Vendor certifications
- Citrix : CCA, CCIE, CCEE
- VMWare: VCP, VCAP-DCA, VCAP-DCD