Your role as a senior contributor on our professional Architecture team is to work independently to assist clients through the planning and creation of fiscally responsible, award-winning designs. Project types are primarily in the public realm, including transportation, civic infrastructure and light industrial. Your experience ensures that you are quite familiar with construction plans, specifications, estimates and building codes. You will lead the development of integrated design proposals, continuous updating of a building information model, preparing a variety of output / drawings throughout the project, while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables as required under direction of the Team Leader, Senior Designer or Principal.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Advocate and inspire creativity, critical thought and design excellence both internally and externally.
- Support Business Development activities, including marketing proposals, interview, conference attendance, etc.
- To lead one or more teams through the development of documentation that captures the design intent.
- Foster collaboration between offices while promoting and providing design vision.
- Act as a mentor, teacher and coach to design staff with the goal of growing and guiding them through their careers.
- Evaluate the quality of design and design activities, and assure a high level of design quality throughout the firm.
- Develop and implements firm's brand, image, marketing collateral and business collateral.
- Participate in performance reviews including setting of job goals.
- Oversees and participates in production of design award submissions.
- Engages staff in dialog on design, ensures design process is followed and influences usage of technological tools.
- Acts as a vehicle for the delivery of firm's message on design.
- Expresses philosophy of the work with appropriate vocabulary.
- Identifies and directs project photography, written descriptions, and other media in support of building the firm's portfolio.
- Ambassador and steward of the firm's portfolio of work with ability to guide and educate others.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong knowledge of Autocad is a must
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Experience in Contract Administration is an asset
- Experience in Alternative Delivery projects an asset
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field. Should have minimum of 8 years of design and contract documents experience, mainly for transportation projects.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.