CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an Architect to perform in the role of ProjectDesigner in our Buffalo, NY area office. We are an integrated globaldesign firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges. The successful candidate will be anexperienced projectdesigner with a client focused, collaborative approach todesign team leadership and a proven track record of achievingdesign excellence. The selecteddesigner will foster a culture of creativity and innovation within a studio environment. Additional primaryresponsibilities will include:
- Use advanced technology in the design process, and support the development of those capabilities in the practice.
- Translate client and team goals into the development of creative design solutions and guide its execution throughout all phases.
- Actively develop the client relationship, resulting in client trust.
- Integrate sustainability and performance goals into design solutions.
- Integrate all building (asset) systems into a holistic design solution.
- Implement cost effective solutions and implement creative strategies for achieving design excellence within limited constructionbudgets.
- Empower staff and delegate effectively, building high-performance teams by encouraging innovation and continuous improvement.
- Provoke critical thinking and critique of our work.
- Capture and communicate key client goals and metrics to ensure design positively impacts client business performance.
- Direct the preparation of client presentations, promotional materials, and award submissions and collaborate with teams in the pursuit of new work.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor in Architecture and a minimum of 10 years of experience working on multiple project typologies, particularly in Higher Education and Health. Master in Architecture and Architectural Registration preferred. Proficiency using Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite is a must. In order to produce and lead others competently with digital applications, a working knowledge of other modeling, rendering, analysis, presentation and graphic software such as Rhino, 3D Max, Micro Station, Grasshopper, Illustrator, Photoshop, Maxwell, V-Ray Renderer, Vasari, and SketchUp is required. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job ID: WNYPDIV0416