Domtar is a leading supplier of a wide variety of fiber-based products, including communications, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp, and air-laid nonwoven products. Domtar's annual sales are close to $ 3.7 billion, and its common shares are listed on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges.
With nearly 6,600 employees serving customers in more than 50 countries, Domtar is driven by the desire to transform sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people can count on every day. True to our values of agility, commitment and innovation, we are always finding better ways to meet the needs of our customers, support our employees and strengthen our communities.
The IT infrastructure architect is responsible for advising and collaborating with the IT management team , potential customers, infrastructure and application analysts as well as stakeholders from different IT groups in the definition and development. the architecture of new infrastructure solutions . He or she will be responsible for delivering fully integrated technical solutions that achieve project goals, meet delivery deadlines and follow direction.architectural, taking overall responsibility for all technical aspects of project execution, from detailed design to handover to operation. The architect of infrastructure IT will participate in the development and evolution of the roadmap and technology strategy of infrastructure to optimize the use of the services of infrastructure existing.
Job responsibilities :
- Develop the architecture of the infrastructure and cloud computing solutions, and ensure that all components are fully integrated ;
- Translate business requirements into architecture of infrastructure or cloud technology, and to ensure that the non-functional requirements, including availability, resiliency, security and compliance are taken into account ;
- Be responsible for the development and alignment of the architecture of the infrastructure and cloud technology solution with the security architecture while respecting a compliance framework ;
- Take an advisory role to the shared services and security management team of the IT company on new trends and solutions in infrastructure and cloud computing ;
- Ensure the coordination / technical management of the implementation of projects according to the architecture and design defined ;
- Participating in a committee ' architectural solutions, which formalizes the review and acceptance of project architectures and designs, and ensures compliance with policies and standards ;
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the road map of infrastructure and cloud computing technology by working with shared services management teams and security of business IT , teams applicati ve s and teams management IT business units , as well as subject matter experts ;
- Work jointly with stakeholders from different IT groups on changes to processes, policies and standards ;
- Working with experts to evaluate the costs and level up efforts for years as part of assessments of opportunities and of new solutions for infrastructure and of technologi e cloud ;
- Produce solution design documentation .
Key skills :
- Good knowledge of technologies infrastructure related to cloud computing, virtualization, ERP systems , database, storage, backup, the network administration system ( Windows and Linux / Unix) to load balancing, web services, endpoint technologies, and other essential services such as ActiveDirectory and M365 ;
- Experience in architectural and design documentation ;
- Strategic vision ;
- Proven skills in change management ;
- Proven organizational and planning skills, and the ability to multitask under pressure ;
- Ability to influence and affect decision making ;
- Ability to work effectively with others in a high volume / stressful technical support environment ;
- Strongly oriented approach vis-à-vis customers, high level of leadership and of teamwork ;
- Bilingual French and English, oral and written .
Professional experience and qualifications :
- College or university diploma with a major in information technology or equivalent work experience ;
- From 6-10 years of work experience in the field ;
- Technologies infrastructure , network and virtualization of the infrastructure , technologies and cloud technologies endpoints , or equivalent work experience ;
- Excellent communication skills and good ability to presen ter before a group ;
- Ability to influence and affect decision making ;
- Ability to communicate and network with a variety of people, as well as to structure information creatively ;
- Ability to translate concepts and guidelines into specific designs and detailed plans ;
- Ability to interact collaboratively with different people and different teams at different levels of the organization, from IT or the business lines ;
- Leadership and influence by providing advice to project teams and operational resources on IT solutions , as well as IT management teams on strategies, roadmaps and technology trends ;
- Monitoring technological trends in order to recommend solutions adapted to Domtar ;
- Good day management situations complex , projects and ' initiatives, examining the whole situation and making sure to take into account tou your component e s and provide integrated solutions .