This is an opportunity for a highly energetic individual to join our organization as an architect that will work with a highly skilled development team, to help drive innovation in network Cloud related technologies for an SDN platform that delivers production NFV services. The right candidate will be part of the team responsible for the development of the next phase of NTT’s next generation service delivery platform. This role requires, leading the team/projects 40%, hands on coding role 20% and technical vision/design 40% of time.
- Design and implement production grade software at cloud scale
- Drive and partner with QE/Test, operations and product management to ensure high quality releases per schedule
- Evaluate technical aspects of competing products
- Propose and help build proof of concepts, prototype
- Provide estimates for development effort
- Work with product manager to collect product requirements and convert them to software development requirements
- Manage the lifecycle of software development as well as software maintenance
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of experience in software product development (design, coding, system engineering)
- 3+ years leading network automation software development projects
- Demonstrated experience building highly scalable, distributed software systems
- Excellent knowledge and experience in developing network configuration automation software systems.
- Experience developing using AgileScrum methodology and reporting progress through JIRA
- Code management experience using SVN or Git
- Good Virtualization knowledge on XenServer, Linux/KVM, and VMware vSphere is preferred
- Experience building cloud based systems and REST/SOAP API development
- Excellent knowledge of Telecom carrier circuits, ISP internetworking technologies, Internet Protocols, and Security Services.
- Visionary, team leader who can work independently without needing lot of input, self-driven
- Experience with contributing to open source code is a plus
- Experience managing the entire software development lifecycle
- BS Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience desirable
- Prior experience working with global teams that provide 24/7 support to clients and customers
- Willingness and ability to conduct meetings and field communication outside of normal working hours to accommodate teams based internationally, as needed
- Ability to work effectively with clients, senior management, staff and vendors
- Previous experience working with/presenting to an executive audience
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.