5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
O’Brien & Gere is seeking an project level architect in Structural/ Buildings group of our Charlotte, NC Office. The primary function of the Architect II position will be to support the Architectural sub-group in its daily operations, aid the internal and external clients in the project development and completion. The Architect II will independently perform detailed design work for the architectural requirements of projects that are of varying size and complexity. The Architect-II will be competent in aspects of architecture, constructability and planning to independently judge, evaluate, select and adapt standard architectural techniques, procedures and criteria to the project. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage assigned project workloads for self and other architects that may be assigned to projects.
- Interface with all levels of staff and/ or clients and subcontractors.
- Accountable to your direct Resource Manager, multiple Project Managers of various projects and the external Clients.
- Fiscally responsible for project performance objectives under the Architect-II's control.
- Business development, preparation of scope of work, budget fees and schedules to complete work.
- Function as BIM/ CAD Coordinator on various projects if assigned.
- Determines client requirements and develops project related specifications, drawings, instructions and related documents, following applicable codes, standards of care and the Firm’s Quality Management System.
- Evaluates needs for design changes and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing, and scheduling of construction activities.
- Ensures that production of drawings, specifications, reports, and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost and quality requirements.
- May plan, schedule, coordinate, and oversee the work of lower-level architects who assist with projects.
- Undertakes research, investigation, writing and editing of reports on the findings
- Proposal development/client relationship maintenance
- Prepare or present reports supporting design efforts.
- Project coordination with internal and external client contact
- Prepare proposals, fee estimates
- Performs other job functions as assigned
- Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture (5 year program) and 3+ years of relevant experience; or
- Associates Degree in Architecture or Architectural Technology and 6+ years of relevant experience;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, required
- Thorough knowledge within architectural core competencies such as: programming; site & environment analysis; schematic design; code research; design development; construction documents; specifications & materials research; document checking &coordination
- Intermediate knowledge within architectural core competencies such as: Engineering Building Systems Coordination; Building Cost Analysis; Bidding & Contract Negotiation; and Professional & Community Service, Construc.tion Phases procedures in both the office and in observation; and Project Management
- Obtain and maintain credentials, certificates and registrations
- LEED AP accreditation a Plus, but not required
- Demonstrated proficiency with Autodesk Revit, required
- Demonstrated proficiency with Autodesk Architectural Desktop, required
- Experience with Autodesk Navisworks, preferred
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, preferred
- Experience with project execution in municipal, industrial and federal market sectors, preferred
- Design-Build project delivery, preferred
- We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.