- The Chief Architect provides leadership for all MMSOC architecture baseline management and modification analysis required for the engineering, development, integration and sustainment of SMC/ADG satellite ground command and control systems.
- The Chief Architect provides analysis and decision support to Mission Integration to drive the optimization of the architecture in support of mission requirements.
- The Chief Architect leads architecture assessments, technology forecasting, analysis of alternatives, and MMSOC architecture optimization.
- In addition, the Chief Architect supports assessments of operational sustainment needs, new mission requirements, EGS compatibility assessments and new technology insertion to provide and sustain critical MMSOC mission capabilities.
- Perform technology forecasting based on IMS integration timelines for various evolving Space C2 missions.
- Perform integration impact assessments, trade studies and analysis of various technologies and components within the MMSOC system.
- Analyze and support technology insertion activities for proposed or existing space C2 systems.
- Develop Courses of Action (COA) to support options and risk reduction for new concepts of operations and technology insertion activities.
- Lead data design or redesign activities.
- Responsible for the integration of cyber requirements into the MMSOC architecture.
- Provide the technical roadmap for MMSOC evolution and technology refresh.
- Define and develop execution plan for MMSOC evolution to meet evolving Enterprise Ground Services objectives and standards
- Active TS/SCI clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree along with 18 years of relevant experience is required
- Must have direct experience of leading the architecture control and analysis of complex integrated programs.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years integration work experience in technical field(s) related to technical architecture development and delivery, preferably within a space systems C2 SW area of expertise.
- 5-10 years’ experience with Space Systems C2 mission operations.
- Master of Science (MS) degree in Engineering, Systems Engineering or STEM discipline
- Certification as an IT Architect or Enterprise Architecture from the Open Group, FEAC or other industry recognized IT architecture certification program preferred.
- Working understanding of DoDAF, architecture tools and modelling capabilities.
- Working understanding of modeling languages such as UML/SYSML.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%.
- VMWare certification desired.
- Amazon Web Services certification desired.
- CSEP or ESEP