The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with an unrelenting passion for excellence. While his achievements in aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investments in real estate that form the foundation of our company. With passion, determination and limitless imagination, he built one of the great American empires of the 20th century.
At Howard Hughes, we live by our purpose to help people discover new ways of experiencing life - because it’s not just buildings and places that matter, it’s what you do with them that can change the way people live.
We aspire to be the most creatively driven real estate company in the world and we believe in fostering a culture that is built to last by cultivating curiosity and empowering every employee to find their story in this great organization.
Manage the Non-residential design review process and Custom Lot neighborhood design review process. Assist the Senior Vice President of Planning and Design with village and neighborhood level non-residential planning process. Assist with special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Chair weekly meetings for the Summerlin Non-Residential Design Review Committee (SNRDRC) and manage the Commercial Developer/Builder review process. Review and approve Developer/Builder plans to ensure consistency with established design criteria, zoning requirements, and other Summerlin Design standards.
- Prepare and distribute agendas for weekly SNRDRC meetings.
- Coordinate applicant review process for the Summerlin Non-Residential Design Review Committee (SNRDRC).
- Coordinate with non-residential builders for unresolved compliance issues and prepare correspondence to address these issues.
- Prepare design review comments for non-residential architectural submittals. Conduct pre-construction and post-construction walks for every non-residential development.
- Review Custom Residential submittals, prepare design review comments, and participate in the weekly Summerlin Custom Design Review Committee meetings. Conduct inspections of custom residential sites throughout the construction of the homes.
- Assist in developing new village design criteria and update custom lot design criteria, Summerlin standards, and other control documents, as required.
- Monitor and review adherence to project schedules and budgets for all non-residential planning activities. Identify any problems that may affect performance.
- Conduct construction observation site visits for major amenity buildings (i.e. community or recreation centers) and coordinate RFIs in conjunction with the Construction Department.
- Assist in the preparation of RFPs for special projects as directed by the Senior Vice President.
- Prepare and/or assist with special projects as directed by the Senior Vice President.
- Attend all weekly Planning Department meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 8-10 years minimum experience in architectural design, land planning, community development, and entitlements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture required.
- Management skills and demonstrated understanding of construction practices and methodologies is required as is the ability to handle multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent communication skills, a team player attitude, and a creative and practical approach to solving problems.
- Must also have experience in the preparation and administration of design criteria.
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD, Sketchup, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is recommended.