The primary responsibility of the Architect – IT Network is to review project concepts and proposals and develop appropriate technical designs to facilitate integration into the enterprise architecture. Technical designs include systems, storage, virtualization, logical and physical networks and security strategies to comply with established standards and meet the requirements of the organization. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian | The Palazzo policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a queue of work requests to meet service levels and KPI objectives.
- Perform product reviews, technology evaluations and services delivery considerations to recommend technologies to meet the business objectives.
- Perform project design review, sizing and compatibility assessments to ensure the availability, reliability, integrity, and efficient operation of the enterprise IT architecture is sustained.
- Design and deploy technology solutions and enhancements to existing infrastructure, applications, and network connectivity.
- Provide level 3 technical support and apply proven analytical, and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot complex issues and drive to root cause of system outages.
- Review technical requirements, establish project milestones and tasks and determine level of effort estimates for their completion.
- Act as project lead in the design and review of new technology infrastructure and hardware and security appliance systems; conduct capacity planning as needed.
- Troubleshoot, identify and repair complex technology issues for end-user issues while mentoring engineering staff.
- Conduct research on products, solutions, services, architecture designs, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the technology industry.
- Establish and implement design principles, policies, and strategies to ensure security and integrity of the enterprise technology environment.
- Develop and perform security audits, configuration backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the organization’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Develop and execute test plans to measure infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare design documentation, illustrations and white papers to support design decisions.
- Perform all work in a manner to ensure interoperability and maintain compliance of enterprise computing systems.
- Ensure that proposed and existing technology and security architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing infrastructure configuration standards.
- Understand and abide by Incident, Problem and Change management processes and procedures.
- Interact with vendors, peers, and contractors to ensure secure, reliable systems implementations and upgrades are performed within project parameters.
- Respond to emergency outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans, assisting other departments as required.
- Provide recommendations to senior or executive IT management regarding product/vendor selection, technology evolution, and design strategies.
- Provide root cause analysis and develop and execute corrective action plans for resolution of complex technical issues related to platform and service performance disruptions.
- Consistent and regular attendance including on-call availability on a rotational basis, is an essential function of this job.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
Company Standards of Conduct
All Venetian | Palazzo Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company’s standards, work requirements and rules of conduct. Team Members are expected to behave in a manner that supports a harmonious work environment to help us deliver unmatched service to our guests and customers.
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or similar technical program or acceptable industry and work experience.
- A broad infrastructure and IT solutions background, and the ability to work with the business to understand and translate business requirements into technical designs.
- 7+ years of LAN routing, switching, and WAN technologies, or experience involving transmission and policy control traffic engineering and operations.
- 7+ years of border security architecture design, implementation and support in a complex enterprise environment.
- In-depth knowledge of security appliance technologies (IDS/IPS, Firewall, Proxy, Application Delivery, SEIM, NAC, Traffic Analyzers, WAAS, and SSLVPN solutions).
- Hands on, demonstrable experience in multiple of the following technologies: Cisco, HP, Aruba, Brocade, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Bluecoat, Infoblox, Solarwinds, F5.
- Must possess a sound knowledge of Architectural Principles and Design methodologies.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (MICS, PCI, SOX).
- Training and experience with ITSM practices.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team.
- Excellent documentation, communication and negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to convey technology to non-technical stakeholders.
- Effective collaboration skills to mentor network, storage, database, telephony and other technical staff to ensure reliable integration of systems and processes.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be a self-starter with high integrity that is reliable, punctual, and dedicated to organizational excellence.
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise scale systems and networks, L2/L3 switching, routing protocols, firewall and related security appliance applications.
- Extensive experience with virtualization technologies, cloud services, and software defined data center strategies in a complex global enterprise.
- Extensive understanding of the TCP/IP suite of protocols.
- Experience in developing strategic systems architecture plans.
- Expert ability with fault isolation, testing procedures, and network mapping and diagramming tools.
- Documented expertise with systems configuration, security principles, directory services, and maintenance best practices.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Advanced competence with monitoring tools, techniques, alerting and notification processes.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications and develop solution designs and configurations that meet those documented requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to:
- Lift or carry 50 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks, as assigned.
- Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch, bend and kneel.
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke