$100K — $150K *
Insurity is a leading property and casualty insurance software and data analytics providers, working with some of the world’s largest insurers, brokers, and MGAs, including 15 of the top 25 P&C carriers in the US. With 900+ team members globally, 10 office locations, and 300+ clients, we have a deep understanding of the insurance business, unparalleled technology expertise, and a singular focus of delivering a simplified insurance experience to our clients.
Are you passionate about software architecture and data? Insurity may have the right role for you! We are currently looking to add an Architect to our Data Solutions team!
In this role you will provide architectural guidance, technological recommendations, and transition strategies to support and guide Insurity's Data Solutions projects. This is a highly technical and hands-on role that will test your creative curiosities to problem solve, institute new solutions, and assume ownership through the delivery of strategic technology solutions. In this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate with various business units and gain insight into a number of Insurity's other product offerings. This role reports to the Vice President, Development.
• Provide strategic oversight for solutions, roadmaps, and architectural recommendations.
• With a focus on simplification and modernization, develop a perspective on new data stores including on-premises and cloud, integration best practices, and data availability.
• Make technical proposals, solution presentations, Proof-Of-Concepts and preparing statements of work.
• Design data capture, security, processing, organizing, and provisioning structures to ingest several data sets to promote data enhancement, enrichment, and exploration/mining.
• Provide pre-sales technical expertise in analyzing client requirements and current capabilities to ensure technical solutions will accomplish our clients' goals and ensuring expectations are met through the delivery of the project.
• Become a technical trusted advisor to prospects and customers; understand their needs and propose specific solutions based on our offerings.
• Map out enterprise data systems/objects and define/design required ETL systems/processes
• Document and maintain architectural design, technical configuration and mapping
• Recommend ongoing improvements to business and technology processes related to BI/DW needs and solutioning
• Resolve complex systems integration issues
• Conduct exploration of the latest technologies, and determine technologies to increase operational efficiency, infrastructure flexibility, and operational stability.
• Lead, provide technical guidance, and serve as a mentor to other team members
• Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Comp Sci or equivalent work experience may be considered
• Minimum 7 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or data architecture
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a technical lead
• Minimum 4 years hands-on experience in BI/DW design, development, and implementation
• In-depth understanding of database systems and architecture practices
• Expertise in Microsoft's Reporting Suite - SSRS, SSAS, SSIS and Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience with:
o OLAP model and OLTP database models
o maintaining data quality and integrity in a complex data environment
o web applications and/or other distributed application architectures
o solution design, gathering requirements, transforming this information into deliverables
• Exceptional decision-making, analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Keen ability to exercise tact, discretion, and judgment when working with partners
• Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes harmony, persuades others, and gains understanding
Nice to haves:
• Knowledge of insurance concepts is an advantage in understanding our requirements
• Experience with self-service BI tools, PowerBI preferred
• Experience with cloud and hybrid data topographies, Snowflake preferred
Location: Hartford, CT or US remote. This role is expected to begin remotely due to COVID-19.
Valid through: 10/23/2020