The impact you will have:
We’re on a mission to help our clients unleash the full potential of the cloud – and we’re hiring a new Infrastructure Architect to make that happen. If you are passionate about driving customer outcomes using best-in-class DevOps solutions and creative problem solving, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
As part of our Cloud Transformation Team, you will work closely with a cross-section of Softchoice’s most innovative experts and architects. From designing tailored DevOps solutions, to having the tactical know-how to put the pieces together, you will lead the way on how to use the best of DevOps technology and to transform all kinds of customer environments using automation, advanced tooling and a dedication to outstanding customer results.
What you’ll do:
- Delivering excellence: Developing, testing, and managing DevOps cloud native and 3rd party tooling and automation technologies, delivered through code, templates and scripts to ensure top-quality client experiences, delivered with consistency and efficiency.
- Leading by collaboration: Working with software developers, application architects, QA engineers, and operations teams to deliver on – and exceed – client expectations. You will also team up with SME’s, practice leads and vendors to fine tune our strategy and overcome obstacles to adoption at every step.
- Evangelizing the New: You aren’t just deeply familiar with cutting-edge concepts and technologies. You know how to tailor your insights to customers, occasionally working onsite with customers as a consultant to explore their needs to provide a compelling vision forward.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Expert-level understanding about DevOps culture, methodologies, coding and automation.
- Innate ability to learn fast as the DevOps tooling and landscape is continuously revising itself
- Proven experience driving results with relevant technologies and methods, such as architecting and implementing public/private cloud application solutions on Azure/VMware as well as migrating applications and environments across datacenters.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in architecture, design, implementation of highly distributed applications and virtualized environments.
- At least 3 years of experience with the design, deployment and operation of common Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and Patterns, as applied to multi-tier large applications based on standard execution environments and application servers - examples: Java-based application Servers, dotNET application servers, Node.js based frameworks.
- Experience with messaging, queuing, load balancing and other decoupling middleware,
- Experience in designing, deploying and operating shared services and systems such as Routing, Firewalls, DNS, DHCP, Time Services, Directory Services, Provisioning services.
- Experience in integrating various middleware layers: Application servers with Databases, Application Load balancers, Layer7 application routing,
- Strong familiarity with code repositories and binary artifacts registries, and the migration from legacy or dated systems, including Git-based environments (GitHub, GitLab) and various binary and container registries.
- Deep understanding of the interaction between the Operating System and Applications
- At least 3 years of relevant experience using and managing DevOps tooling, monitoring, infrastructure-as-code and automation tools. (Relevant technologies include: Azure Monitoring, CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Nagios/Zabbix; New Relic, DataDog; Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, ARM Templates, CloudFormation, Azure DevOps / VSTS, Jenkins, Codeship, Travis and so on).
- Familiar with frameworks and patterns for application refactoring and opportunity analysis (Example: Refactor into 12 factor app, Monolith break-down)
- Experience in projects as the Lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) and delivery of said projects.
- Bonus points for having multiple related certifications for Azure, AWS or GCP and for being a master git user.
- Bonus points for experience working with Containers and associated technologies including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Bonus points: designing an end-to-end environment, integrating all required components to satisfy one or more specific business functions.
- Experience working in professional services and/or software engineering for clients in a provider-to-client relationship. Bonus if experience in a consulting firm.
Some reasons why our employees love working here:
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 15 consecutive years.
- Softchoice has been certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States for several years.
- We offer meaningful work that drives professional development.
- Our team members have 2 paid volunteer days per year to give back to a cause of their choice.
- We offer an opportunity to build a career in the technology industry.
- We have raised over $3 Million through our team member run charity Softchoice Cares.
- You will have the opportunity to take an ownership position here at Softchoice.