Position Description AutoZone is the nation's leading retailer and a leading distributor of automotive replacement parts and accessories with more than 6,000 stores in the US, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Brazil. Each store carries an extensive line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks, including new and remanufactured hard parts, maintenance items and accessories. The AutoZone family includes ALLDATA, AutoAnything, IMC, and ten distribution centers to serve both retail and commercial customers alike. Since opening its first store in Forrest City, Ark. on July 4, 1979, the company has joined the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AZO) and earned a spot in the Fortune 300.
AutoZone is committed to ensuring our customers have a positive experience when they visit one of our stores or websites. We have a rich culture and history of going the Extra Mile for our customers and our community. Here at the Store Support Center, in the heart of Downtown Memphis, we enthusiastically work to ensure our stores are successful and our sites are user friendly. We look for team members that naturally enjoy helping people, are enthusiastic, and ready to tackle any project to help keep AutoZone in front of the ever changing retail industry.
AutoZone is looking for a DevOps/CloudOps Architect who has deep understanding and scaling of DevOps/CloudOps process and tooling. There are opportunities to automate Tools Infrastructure, CI Platform, Application Provisioning, Deployment, and Management. This person will be responsible for creating and leading highly efficient, metrics-driven, DevOps/CloudOps solutions. This role requires strong design skills, development skills. We need a passionate individual who can scale across roles and is flexible to work with a diverse team.
o Review existing ALM procedures and advise on best practices using the technologies available and also offering the benefits of other products available.
o Working knowledge of private, hybrid and public cloud implementations including optimal workload placement, PaaS vs IaaS models, governance, optimal connectivity methods
o Rapidly prototype and POC CI / CD for our clients
o Strong written and oral communication skills, communicate highly technical subjects to business partners
o Deploying highly available, scalable, maintainable, monitored CI / CD.
o Troubleshooting performance, reliability, and stability issues.
o Deploying continuous integration and deployment pipelines for microservices supporting containers, auto scaling and service discovery.
o Researching, evaluating, and developing new tools to improve product development efficiency.
o Supporting engineering teams and automating processes to improve DevOps/CloudOps productivity. Position Requirements Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Typically requires ten to fifteen years’ experience based on consistently demonstrated capabilities.
• Knowledge of MS Office.
• Expert proficiency with the AutoZone software architecture and methodology.
• Technical skills may include experience with one or more of: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Cobol, Java, MS SQL, C, C++, Informix, Greenplum, Hadoop, ATG, QT4, Oracle, PostgreSQLOracle, PostgreSQL, PostgreSQL, DB2/SQL, JCL, CSP, CICS, TCP/IP, Networking and LAN administration.
• Expert problem solving and analytical skills.
• Subject matter expertise across multiple functional areas, subsystems or technologies.
• Strong system design skills.
• Solid understanding of systems, applications, and/or networks so that practical solutions can be provided that factor system performance, usability, reusability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and overall cost to develop and maintain.
• Presentation, facilitation and writing skills.
• Project management – estimating, planning, controlling, and execution.