Qualification and Education
Our vision is simple. In our commitment to the Southeast, we create architecture that enriches community through a culture of design excellence and expertise, innovation and collaborative engagement. To us, that means our design excellence is rooted in relationships. These relationships include those with our highly valued team members, with our clients across the region and beyond, and with the communities that we serve.
We believe that every voice matters and that through design thinking and teamwork we are catalysts for positive change for our clients and communities. We are better together.
Interested? Keep reading!
What You Can Expect
- Ongoing engagement with fantastic design team members;
- To develop new skills and contribute to world-class projects;
- Participate in meaningful collaboration;
- A competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Professional development allowance to cover educational opportunities;
- Leadership development and mentoring across sectors, markets, offices and the firm;
- Participation in community service and outreach occasions supporting local and national organizations;
- Flexibility and balance in your schedule;
- And much more!
SECTION I: TECHNICAL COMPETENCY
- 10+ years of experience preferably in life sciences and biotechnology-pharmaceutical research facility design;
- Registered architect or ability to become a registered architect in North Carolina within 6-months of hire;
- Familiarity with project proposal process and marketing strategy;
- Technical production skills are necessary and require a demonstrated ability to effectively produce design and construction documents;
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred;
- Understanding of relevant codes such as state building codes, NFPA, IBC, ANSI 117.1, BOMA;
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills;
- Strong design, graphic, and presentation skills;
- Understanding of the design and procurement processes;
- LEED accreditation, EDAC certification or interest in achieving accreditation is preferred;
- Experience with graphics software such as SketchUp, Lumion, and 3D Studio Max is an advantage;
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Architecture or equivalent field of study.
SECTION II: TEAMWORK AND COLLABORATION COMPETENCY
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team ethic;
- Ability to interact professionally with office leadership and clients;
- Ability to direct and motivate work efforts of others and handle stressful situations;
- Ability to self-manage project assignments from start to finish with oversight.
SECTION III: LEADERSHIP
- Be a good team member and foster a positive working environment;
- Develop strong relationships within the firm, with our clients and in our communities.