EwingCole is a nationally recognized architecture, engineering, interior design and planning firm with offices across the country. Our multi-disciplinary practice is built on the core values of professional excellence, design quality and collaboration. We are seeking a motivated Architect ll with 8 or more years of experience to join our New York office.
As part of the Architecture Discipline, the Architect II works independently in directing and supervising a small staff for project specific solutions for design, program and technical requirements for projects. The Architect II develops small to medium scale projects and oversees a small staff of architects, technicians and interns. This position coordinates with other disciplines, in the production of drawings and construction documents which fulfill the design concept, meet the client's expectations and the firm's goals of design excellence, financial viability and quality service. The Architect II receives technical, budgetary, managerial and design guidance on critical issues, new concepts, and policy requirements.
- Execute and enhance the design intent while preparing the construction documents.
- Supervise small and medium size teams of professional and technical support personnel in project situations.
- Manage and deliver the production of the construction documents for small and medium sized projects.
- Provide technical support to project team members.
- Assist market segment leaders and the marketing department in the preparation of design documents and presentation material.
- Schematic Design and Design Development
- Work with the project manager and the project designer in creating buildings which serve the client’s needs and responds to their desired image, space and aesthetic.
- Develop code compliant designs.
- Participate with design presentations to the client.
- Participate with the projects’ design review presentation.
- Direct project coordination meetings for small and medium sized projects.
- Work with the Project Manager and Project Designer in developing the building design by testing it in relation to program, budget, codes and other issues that emerge in the Design Development phase.
- Construction Documents
- Work with the project designer in articulating design principles that help govern the detailing phase of the project.
- Work with the engineering disciplines (inclusive of civil and landscape) and Interiors in order to ensure a consistent development of the project towards the design concepts established in earlier phases.
- Develop project specifications and other technical requirements of projects.
- Construction Administration
- Participate in submittal responses, shop drawing reviews and construction site visits.
- Prepare site visit reports.
- Work with the technical team in preparing construction phase design directives.
- Mentor Architecture Interns.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Registered Architect in at least one state with suitable credentials for registration in other states
- Prior experience as architect for components of projects with a demonstrated technical and organizational proficiency
- Demonstrated superior graphic design and building design and conceptualization skills
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite
- Experience hand drawing and sketching
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Masters of Architecture
- Successful completion in the delivery of projects as an Architect I