The Architect reports to the Architecture Design Group Manager as Production Architect in the Design Group. Performs design project management. Directs, trains and mentors other team members in design and design project management. Works with client representatives, stakeholders, other architects, architectural interns, engineers, engineers-in-training, and designers in the design and constructionsupport services.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides a wide range of architectural, planning, and professional services for Harris County.
- Prepares design and construction drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Completes economical design projects on time and meet client quality expectations.
- Manages economical design projects on time and meet client quality expectations.
- Directs, trains and mentors other team members in design and design project management.
- Works with client representatives, stakeholders, other architects, architectural interns, engineers, engineers-in-training, computer aided designers and constructability technicians in design and constructionsupport services.
- Coordinates architectural drawings with drawings from other professional disciplines related to each project.
- Prepares planning documents and engages in design efforts with other departments.
- Performs periodic reviews of construction work to review and report on the status of construction, potential problems and contract compliance.
- Prepares, reviews and approves submittals, correspondence, change orders and shop drawings. Completes and maintains project files.
- Performs field surveys and gathers pertinent information required to accomplish design and construction drawings.
Bachelor's degree in Architecture from a program accredited by the National Architectural Accreditation Board (NAAB) as per Texas Administrative Code Title 22, Part 1, Chapter 1, B Subchapter B, Rule 1.21.
Minimum five (5) years of experience as an architect licensed by the Texas State Board of Architectural Examiners;
As an architect licensed in a state that has licensing or registration requirements substantially equivalent to Texas registration requirements that have entered into a reciprocity agreement with the Board that has been approved by the Governor of Texas.
Applicants with out of state license must achieve architect's license by the Texas State Board of Architectural Examiners within 6 months of starting employment with Harris County
- Submission of a professional design portfolio of completed work samples.
- Reads topographic maps and construction drawings.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and overall computer literacy.
- Produces documents and reports using a database, spreadsheet, presentation and various software.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.