CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a senior Architect/Healthcare Planner based in our Toronto, ON office. We are an integrated globaldesign firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges. The senior level Architect/Healthcare Planner will beresponsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems, bringing state of the arthealthcare market intelligence to the client and project team. Primaryresponsibilities and expectations include:
- Demonstrate proficiency in clinical processes across major inpatient and outpatient departments.
- Understand the differences in institutional, ambulatory, and business occupancy environments.
- Work with end users to outline process flows and critical adjacencies of clinical rooms.
- Understand and guide discussions on medical equipment needs.
- Lead the medical planning process within the design team to create department floor plan concepts reflective of operations.
- Manage the deliverables for the medical planning team within the greater project deliverable schedule.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the client on planning issues.
- Mentor junior staff for depth and support of the specialized knowledge execution process.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred. Minimum fifteen years of related healthcare planning experience required. Proficiency with Revit is required. Architectural Registration, LEED and/or EDAC certification is preferred. Strong presentation, communication, organizational, team building, collaboration and communication skills are a must. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel and Visio, is preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio. As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce and is committed to Employment Equity and the Federal Contractors Program. We encourage applications from qualified aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women. CannonDesign is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If contacted, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.
Job ID: TORHCPIV817