CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an Architect that will perform in the role of aHealthcare Planner in our Toronto office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goalto help solve our clients and societys greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will be responsible for participating in delivering services to creatively solve problems, bringing state of the art healthcare market intelligence to the client and project team. Primary responsibilities and expectations include:
- Demonstrate proficiency in clinical processes across major inpatient and outpatient departments.
- Understand the differences in institutional, ambulatory, and business occupancy environments.
- Work with end users to outline process flows and critical adjacencies of clinical rooms.
- Understand and guide discussions on medical equipment needs.
- Lead the medical planning process within the design team to create department floor plan concepts reflective of operations.
- Manage the deliverables for the medical planning team within the greater project deliverable schedule.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Master in Architecturepreferred. Minimum 7 years of healthcare planning experience. Architectural registration, LEED and/or EDAC certification is preferred. Strong presentation, communication, organizational, team building, collaboration and communication skills are a must. Proficiency with Revit is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel and Visio, is preferred. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.