The qualified candidate will be a proven team leader that can create and follow process and procedures, as well as work with an executive team to present and collaborate new ideas. If you are a designer who prefers modern design with a strong form follows function best practice, and a demonstrated ability to budget and schedule projects with high levels of complexity, this position may be for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Aligning with SEL business strategy, goals, and vision, manage the full life cycle of projects to ensure successful completion from approval through hand-off.
2. Effectively manage projects and teams through controlling scope, specifications, schedule, cost, quality and safety while preemptively initiating and communicating action to execute the plan.
3. Lead, measure and mentor staff, providing an environment which encourages teamwork, initiative, growth, and delivery of assignments.
4. Serve as company liaison with local authorities, regulatory bodies and other SEL departments by establishing timely communication and coordination of assigned work.
5. Establish and drive the use of KPI's specific to owned and leased assets.
6. Model, teach, and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Architecture
10+ years' experience as a licensed Architect
Experience with real estate, commercial/industrial design, construction and facilities management
Working knowledge of structural engineering, health & safety legislation and building codes
Proven project leadership skills with a successful track record of planning, execution and completion of projects
Sound budgetary skills including estimating, bid review and project tracking.
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)