Job Description Summary
The Workday Engineering Productivity organization is looking for a seasoned CI/CD Architect who can help Workday architect its build systems to address the growing needs to seamlessly serve thousands of developers.
About the Team
The Workday Engineering Productivity organization is a core part of Workday with a mission to provide reliable, scalable and highly usable and performant CI/CD service to the Workday engineering community. At Workday, we have millions of lines of code in Java and Scala running on public and private clouds. It is an exciting challenge to architect and scale our build/release pipeline to meet our fast-growing engineering demands
About this Role
- Architect and extend existing CI/CD system to scale and perform for thousands of users
- Champion effective CI/CD implementation across the organization
- Collaborate and drive technical initiative with cross functional teams
- Technically lead CI/CD engineering team. Mentor and guide team members
- Identify and implement tools and processes improvements. Troubleshoot issues
- Own and drive Workday CI/CD strategy and roadmap, working closely with executives and architects across the company
- Extensive experience in architecting developer experience for agility, quality, and independence in large engineering teams
- Proficiency in an object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Groovy or Kotlin
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker, etc.
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle, Maven, etc.
- Experience in build and deployment pipeline design for monolithic applications as well as highly distributed Microservice environments
- Good working knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Git and Linux
- AWS certification and proven track record of implementing solution in AWS
- Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure and configuration as code systems such as: Terraform, Chef or Ansible
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Computer Science major is preferred
- 15+ years of industry software engineering experience, preferably in SaaS
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, attitude of fixing problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills