We are looking for an Application Architect who can join the growing Mobile / Portal development team at Constellation Brands. The Application Architect will focus on new product development as well as enhance the existing product ecosystem. The Application Architect will be given opportunities to lead, look holistically at the software and application architecture to ensure design consistency, SW maintainability and alignment with business direction. The Application Architect will:
- Collaboratively define and understand both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Perform as both a player and a coach. While not the primary focus, candidates will also work collaboratively with the team to enhance the SWIFT / Objective-C code base.
- Collaborate with the Agile team to define tools, standards and make key decisions that ensure alignment of SW design with both the business needs as well as evolving technology landscape.
- Create and manage roadmaps for SW assets to ensure both scalability as well as systems can evolve to meet planned business needs; create and approve relevant lean SW component specifications to guide teams and / or partners.
- Participate and / or lead project estimating activities, design reviews, code reviews and provide input to the design recommendations.
- Create / test prototypes and keep up with new technology in the industry that brings innovation to solve business problems.
- Close collaboration with UX, business and IT teams. Candidates must enjoy and be effective and working through challenges that balance technology, usability, time and cost.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of mobile software development methods, technologies, tools and architectures (Objective-C, SWIFT, Angular, Spring MVC, Eclipse, XCODE, GIT, RESTful web services, etc).
- 6-8 years of hands on full life cycle SW delivery; 2-4 years of iOS development.
- Strong understanding and use of REST services, JSON objects, secure coding concepts and memory management in iOS.
- Solid written and verbal communication; strong interest and ability to collaborate with team members and business stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of database concepts and SQL.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Java Script is required.
- Experience with JS frameworks like Angular, jQuery is a plus.
- Experience with cloud platforms like Salesforce, Heroku, MuleSoft is a plus.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location Chicago, Illinois
Additional Locations San Francisco, California
Job Type Full time
Job Area Information Technology
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).