AIG is seeking a Sr. Application Architect in designing, developing, and deploying enterprise solutions that are well designed for performance and scale for its Life and Retirement IT organization.
The candidate will be part of a high-performance Solution Development organization responsible for architecting and developing strategic solutions which lead to the rapid enablement of various business capabilities.
These capabilities hinge around Life & Retirement’s Digital Business Platform and Data Integration Hub as well as many other strategic assets enabling AIG to create a digital business platform as a core strategic asset which creates a single authoritative view of the business, enabling common APIs, providing a layer of separation between our complex data sources and our data consumers; thereby, providing each data layer to evolve independently. This role will also include Application Portfolio Management within the appropriate L&R division.
- Architect, design, construct, and implement large strategic solutions based on various technologies.
- Define and/or collaborate on Domain Strategies.
- Work closely with various peer architects and software-engineers to achieve company business objectives.
- Collaborate with other technology teams and infrastructure architects to define and develop solutions.
- Lead/mentor other architects and software engineers in setting technical direction.
- Research and experiment with emerging technologies and tools.
- Work with the team to establish and reinforce disciplined software development and architectureprocesses and best-practices.
- Support multiple program and project level deliverables
- Support the development of Business Strategies through advocacy of business’ needs, stake holders, and market understanding.
- Develop close relationships based on trust and delivery with key partners across the Consumer division with both the technical and business members.
- Develop roadmaps for in various domains and creation of Enterprise Reference Architecture.
- Drive ACORD adoption.
- Experience within the Annuities and Life Insurance and financial services industry
- Proven experience of influencing technical outcomes and driving business outcomes
- Excellent technical and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Proficiencies with Agile development practices.
- Proficiencies in Business capabilities
- Experience with Architecture modeling and management tools
- Experience with Component Reference Diagrams, Use Cases and establishment of Enterprise Reference Architectures.
- Experience and knowledge of large scale insurance administration platforms (Accenture, CSC, etc)
- Experience with of ACORD
- Experience with TOGAF (preferably TOGAF Certification)
- Working knowledge of web technologies and protocols (JAVA/NoSQL/JSON/REST/JMS)
Background and experience desired:
- The position calls for a seasoned IT professional with senior leadership qualities and background with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT.
- 6+ years of experience building and managing complex infrastructure solutions.
- 6+ years of experience with distributed, highly-scalable, multi-node environments utilizing Big Data ecosystems.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in the IT Industry.