Responsible for helping to ensure a balance between tactical and strategic technology solutions based upon project timing, value, cost and target architecture. Considers business problems "end-to-end": including people, process and technology, both within and outside the enterprise, as part of any design solution. Mentors, reviews codes and verifies that design best practices and target architectural North Star is adhered to. Identifies and drives issues through closure.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Ensures programs are envisioned, designed, developed and implemented across the enterprise to meet business needs. Interfaces with the enterprise architecture team and other functional areas to ensure that most efficient solution is designed to meet business needs.
- Ensures solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable and delivered on schedule. Develops, documents and ensures compliance with best practices including but not limited to the following coding standards, object oriented design, platform and framework specific design concerns and human interface guidelines.
- Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development projects and enhancements.
- Monitors current and future trends, technology and information that will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture. Mentors team members in relevant technologies and implementation architecture.
- Contributes to the overall system implementation strategy for the enterprise and participates in appropriate forums, meetings, presentations etc. to meet goals.
- Gathers and understands client needs, finding key areas where technology leverage is possible to improve business processes, defines architectural approaches and develops technology proofs. Communicates technology direction.
- Monitors the project lifecycle from intake through delivery. Ensures the entire solution design is complete and consistent from the start and seeks to remove as much re-work as possible.
- Works with product marketing to define requirements. Develops and communicates system/subsystem architecture. Develops clear system requirements for component subsystems.
- Acts as architectural lead on project.
- Applies new and innovative ideas to old or new problems. Fosters environments that encourages innovation. Contributes to and supports effort to further build intellectual property via patents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.Education
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Bachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience
10 Years +