We are looking for an energetic and self-directed individual who can build large-scale deployment and image management software components, workflows, and user experiences.
- Develop industry-leading software
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Create a rich developer-friendly toolkit to consume new server-side GIS functionalities, using the latest relevant techniques and best practices
- Collaborate with UI/UX architects in the building of rich interactive web experiences
- Be willing to take on complex goals that push the boundary of the possible
- Leverage the knowledge of your peers and collaborate with other programmers throughout the development process
- Knowledge of modern web development technologies such as React, Angular JS, Ember JS, ES6, and CSS3
- Experience working with server side development languages such as Node.js (preferred), Ruby, Java, etc.
- Extensive experience with event model and cross-browser development
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, geography, GIS, remote sensing, photogrammetry, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience building and using browser rendered UI components and graphics systems (SVG, VML, Canvas)
- Experience leveraging back-end APIs/frameworks to integrate server-side abilities into front-end code
- Experience with remote sensing, image processing, photogrammetry, and/or image analysis application development
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.