Overview of Duties:
Projects/billing functions in compliance with all applicable requirements of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards Board (CASB), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), and contract terms. Will also respond to support requests from the headquarters office and internal and external audits. Will work closely with the AR Supervisor and Finance Manager in establishing and executing strategy and implementing change throughout the organization. Primary responsibility include project accounting and cost analysis including contract billings, problem resolution, and insuring the integrity of accurate and timely reporting to customers, managers, and auditors. Review contract billings issues and problems with supervisor. Reconcile/correct contract billing issues. Also responsible for reconciling and resolving issues arising with the Unbilled Receivables Report, Open A/R Report, and project revenue. Must insure deliverables and assignments meet company, customer, and audit requirements. Provide follow up and collections activities on open account receivables. Responsible to coordinate company intersegment and intercompany agreements and process related invoices among Jacobs' entities. Also responsible to reconcile intersegment/intercompany transactions in accordance with company requirements.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project cost analysis
- Setup, process and post assigned contract/billings in business system
- Reconcile Unbilled Receivables Report
- Analyze and resolve outstanding issues on Open A/R, Unbilled Receivables and Revenue Reconciliation
- Support cash collection responsibilities with AR customers and Defense Finance and Accounting Service
- Review and reconcile revenue
- Prepare ad hoc reports and improve reporting process with other areas of organization
- Support review of AR processes and practices
- Assist with charge code set up to assure contract billing and reporting compliance
- Reconcile costs and process final fee and invoice submissions related to contract and task order close outs
- Coordinate Jacobs' intersegment and intercompany agreements between entities and process related invoices and reconciliations.
- Be able to interact and respond to all financial auditors (independent and otherwise) and to regulatory issues (IRS, DCAA, FAR, etc.). Prepares response to all requests for information from external auditors and agencie including incurred cost submissions, requests for data, final contract close-outs, etc.
- Carry out function in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the requirements of regulatory agencies (such as IRS, DCAA, FAR, etc.) and practices within the company's sectors.
- Maintain compliance with all aspects of proper accounting methods including compliance with the Cost Accounting Standards.
- Actions should contribute to a robust system of internal controls and audit procedures
- Maintain and add value in relationships with key finance activities including financial analysis and project finance.
- Support the integration of new finance tools
- Must have strong character and effective communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of all reporting issues at the federal and state level.
- Ability to maintain internal processes and controls
- Experience with revenue recognition.
- A solid understanding and working knowledge of financial analysis, accounting procedures and principles.
- Must be results-driven, who is both comfortable and effective in a highly demanding, decentralized environment and able to multi-task by executing upon several project initiatives at one time while completing day to day responsibilities.
- Must have high energy, be self-confident, and be able to handle and contribute to change.
- Well developed analytical, organizational, communications and interpersonal skills working at all levels of a corporation are required.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- Capable of providing the company with financial analysis as required for detailing financial impacts, business impacts and analysis of risk versus return tradeoffs.
- Will have detailed knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), significant DCAA and FAR experience, G/L and accounting computer systems to maintain accounts, system functions and integrity of financial data.
* This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or a related field and 10+ years of related experience is required.
Preferably with strong gov't accounting/defense contractor experience. Will require a security clearance. Candidate accepted must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance as condition of employment
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
- Must have ability and willingness to learn new software and increase accounting knowledge and expertise
- Ability to maintain strictest confidence of individuals and company private information and data
- Must be able to work independently but as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task a must
Physical requirements - Work is primarily sedentary. Some walking and standing may occur in the course of a normal
workday in connection with travel to and from meeting and conferences. May carry light items, such as reports, data
products, notebooks and laptops.
Work Environment - Cubicle environment is in a secure site.
Attendance - Must be able to work within the shift hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
Equipment and Machines - Standard office equipment and machines: personal computer, scanner, copy machine,
telephone, printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
Other Essential Functions:
- Must pass drug testing.
- Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
- Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while
- performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers' safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers,
- clients, co-workers and management.
- Must perform work activities requiring interaction or speaking with others.
- Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .