Responsible for maintenance and development of systems that facilitate accurate receipt information and financial reporting as required by the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) Accounts Receivable (AR) Department in the Business Services Directorate.
- Serve as subject matter export for STARS reporting for AR details.
- Monitor debit/credit aged balances monthly, contact customers as necessary, and resolve all issues.
- Create new customer codes for new projects; segregating customers into groups based on Other Party Identifiers.
- Supply customer with required tax information for U.T. Battelle.
- Review final entries generated in SAP and reconcile to STARS entries.
- Handle the collection and processing of DOEPAC receipts for integrated contractors.
- Reconcile both DOEPAC AR receipts and AP payments to general ledger accounts and DOEPAC including these amounts on Statement of Cash Activity.
- Handle the collection and processing of IPAC receipts for Other Federal Agencies reconciling journal entries generated in STARS and Ledger to the file transmitted to DOE and including these on the Statement of Cash Activity.
- Initiate and review all journal entries in SAP related to AR and ensure the entries have the correct STARS attributes for Financial Reporting.
- Prepare the Statement of Cash Activity reconciling to General Ledger, Treasury and STARS.
- Monitor all documents that have been blocked for receipt in IPAC and work with SD Technical Lead to resolve all issues.
- Responds to inquiries from vendors and departments regarding receipts and invoices in a timely manner.
- Prepare Monthly, Quarterly, and Year End financial reporting for submission to DOE and prepare other reports as assigned on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
- Review documentation of AR Internal Controls and develop/update A-123 test plans as needed.
- Testing and support of SAP software updates.
- Build and maintain teamwork with members of the Treasury and Conference Center departments.
- Perform other duties, as the supervisor may deem necessary.
- Perform maintenance and update of AR desk procedures.
- Participate or complete special projects as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with environment, safety, health, and quality program requirements.
- Maintain strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics.
- Advise and instruct AR personnel on relevant receipt issues as needed and in the absence of the AR supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree in accounting with a minimum of five years of relevant accounts receivable or accounting experience. Must possess demonstrated skills in accounts receivable/accounting processes. Requires attention to detail, strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Must have demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office products and relational databases; demonstrated ability to work effectively and build relationships with department managers and customers. Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills essential, along with demonstrated personal initiative and willingness to learn.
Effective problem analysis and resolution skills are required. Must possess the ability and willingness to work effectively as a member of a team, as well as independently, as required. Excellent attention to detail and well-developed written and oral communication skills and ability to conduct analysis of accounting records and effectively present business impact are required. Requires proficiency in applying accounts receivable/accounting principles, policies, procedures and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Proficiency in PC Microsoft Office, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases, such as Excel, Access, Adobe Acrobat and Word is required.
QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED: Prior SAP experience is preferred. Knowledge of UT-Battelle and DOE accounting systems, policies, and procedures is desired.
WORK DIRECTION AND INTERFACES: Position reports to the Manager, Accounts Receivable
MEASURES OF EFFECTIVENESS:
- Successfully performs assigned responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Successfully completes special projects as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Proficient use of UT-Battelle and DOE accounting systems to ensure efficiency and compliance.
- Work effectively with others, both internal and external to ORNL.
- Effective and efficient resolution of problems and/or issues that arise.
- Keeps supervisor informed of any problems/issues that arise which may have an impact on successful and/or compliant operations.