Develops, organizes and implements high quality, member-focused YMCA aquatic programs.
The Aquatics Director will strive to put a caring adult in the life of every child, be a good steward of the resources entrusted to us, and work in partnership with others to eliminate disparities in health & education. The Aquatics Director will be a cause-driven leader and champion the YMCA mission and initiatives.
Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford is conveyed.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
- One to two years related experience preferred; for example, as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor.
- Completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens within 30 days.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Basic First Aid certification.
- Strong computer skills with MS office and basic webpage development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to
all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Assists with Program Committee meetings
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation