Pratt and Whitney Military Engines is establishing a new Business Acquisition Center of Excellence (BACE) organization and is seeking a proposal manager to lead various Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) proposal efforts. The Proposal Manager will lead APU proposal activity and assist the Business Acquisition Manager (BAM) in the development, on-time submittal, negotiation, sweep, and award of proposals. This position will focus on the preparation of cost/price proposals and will be responsible to ensure the APU proposals comply with customer requirements and follow company standard work to include adherence to the ME gated review processes. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Lead APU proposal teams from pre-RFP requirements definition through award of contract, to include managing BACE support for fact-finding, Requests for Information (RFIs), negotiation, and sweep.
- Prepare proposal plans and schedules and coordinate with the Business Acquisition Team and customer.
- Develop proposal budget and manage proposal efforts within budget.
- Coordinate with BACE Proposal Development and Training personnel to ensure proposal teams are trained in the processes and tools being used.
- Manage proposal requirement working groups with United States Government (USG) to ensure proposal requirements are clearly defined.
- Lead preparation for and host proposal kickoff meetings.
- Approve estimating methodology to be used in the proposal.
- Approve P and W Basis of Estimates (BOEs) before submittal to Pricing.
- Review and approve technical volume for compatibility with BOEs and adherence to messaging.
- Assist the BAM in the preparation of the Cost Sheet.
- Lead team to respond to fact finding and technical evaluation activities with the USG and P and W suppliers
- Manage RFI response process and approve RFI response release.
- Manage and participate in evaluation of offers.
- Manage and participate in proposal negotiations.
- Lead proposal sweep kickoff meetings and manage sweep process.
- Review and approve BOE completion and evaluation of the sweep results prior to submittal to the customer.
- Conduct White Hat Review following completion of the proposal to identify and document process turnbacks and lessons learned.
- Ensure P and W
-s proposal status and tracking systems are current and accurate for proposals managed.
- Monitor team
-s progress in developing/delivering proposals. Identify and remove obstacles to delivering winning proposals that focus on customer satisfaction.|
6+ years of proposal / contract experience on U.S. DoD and international military programs.
2+ years experience developing complex proposals within a large, matrixed organization.
U.S. Citizenship is required due to access to export controlled data.
Strong background in the development and negotiation of program requirements and in the development of effective BOEs that are responsive to those requirements
Project management skills
Desirable Competencies: Customer Focus, Business Judgement, Analytical Thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Adaptability
Education: Required: BA/BS degree
Preferred: MA/MS degree in Engineering, Finance, Business or related field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 76123BR