• The Avaya Project Manager (PM) is responsible from an overall project management capacity and in a technical
implementation advisory capacity.
• The PM will be accountable for project timelines / milestones, governance, alignment, assurance, management, integration,
optimization and planning, resourcing, and tools management.
• At this level the individual possesses industry standard project management skills (time management, scope management,
communications management, escalation management, risk management, etc.).
• The creation and use of MS Project schedules, Project binders, Service Now Project Management modules and other PM
tools is required.
• PMI certification is not required, but appreciated.
• Projects are conducted at a medium level of complexity and scale.
• An understanding of the Avaya technology is needed and will grow as new projects are released.
• The PM will be required to manage the project from initiation to Day 2 acceptance and customer signature on the Service
• The PM must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Manages customer needs through specific deliverables to ensure customer requirements are being met.
May provide total project leadership or sub project leadership as part of a wider team and is directly accountable for the on time
and on-budget delivery of assigned projects.
• Responsible for the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements. The major emphasis is on
management and coordination of tasks related to the overall work breakdown structure.
• PMs are required to manage efforts of the company, customer and third party vendors as well as assure that an integrated
software and hardware solution is provided to meet the customer's needs.
• The job may include responsibility for coordinating the development of technical requirements, designs and testing plans.
• PMs are responsible for the overall planning and up-selling of additional services to the customer, especially through change
• The Avaya PM is responsible from an overall project management capacity and in a technical implementation advisory
The PM will be accountable for project timelines / milestones, governance, alignment, assurance, management, integration,
optimization and planning.
• A Project Manager may have more than one (1) project at a time based on complexity and availability.
• The Project Manager will follow the Avaya Project Management Methodology and will be supported by the Avaya Senior
Manager for Project Management and the Avaya Director of Service Transition.
Key Project Management Deliverables
• Review Customer SOW
• Prepare and update PM Binder
• Secure Service Transition Resources
• Perform Sales to Services Handoff
• Perform Avaya (or other 3rd Party) handoff
• Prepare MS Project Schedule
• Prepare and execute Customer Kickoff Call
• Provide weekly project status report to Customer
• Have weekly status call with client
• Coordinate Service Transition Activity timing with readiness of APS (or other 3rd party) installation of hardware. To include
regular email and voice contact with APS Project Manager.
• Provide weekly updates into the Avaya Managed Services Platform (AMSP)
• Provide updated “Dashboard” to Avaya leadership
• Attend Weekly PM review call
• Manage Change Management for the duration of the project
• Manage the Communications Plan
• Maintain and update Risk/Issues/Decision logs
• Maintain and update Project Budget
• Verify all project deliverables (in the Customer SOW) are delivered
• Manage escalations with clients
• Coordinate transition to Service Delivery team
5 - 8 Years of Experience
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
Preferred CertificationsAvaya is an Equal Opportunity employer and a U.S. Federal Contractor. Our commitment to equality is a core value of Avaya. All qualified applicants and employees receive equal treatment without consideration for race, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other protected characteristic. In general, positions at Avaya require the ability to communicate and use office technology effectively. Physical requirements may vary by assigned work location. This job brief/description is subject to change. Nothing in this job description restricts Avaya right to alter the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time for any reason.