We are looking for APQP Quality Engineer for our client in Carlsbad, CA
Job Title: APQP Quality Engineer
Job Location: Carlsbad, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Experience Level (Years) 10 years
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the necessary skills and be intrinsically motivated on quality topics. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing processes for commodities such as printed circuit board assemblies, power supplies, cables, custom battery packs, mechanical parts (plastics, machined, sheet metal), cables, etc..
- Strong APQP knowledge and experience with all aspects of quality management: quality concepts/tools/methods (e.g. FMEA, DOE, IQ/OQ/PQ, MSA, GRR, 8D, etc.), quality issue resolution and quality monitoring measures.
- Experience in an APQP project management environment.
- Tenacity to getting thigs done and not accepting the norm, being adaptable to situations.
- Knowledge of the Purchasing function and associated commodity, supply base, quality and data management considerations. Understanding of Procurement, Relationship Management, Material and Quality Data Management areas.
- Effective communicator. Able to work effectively with global, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in a regulated environment, medical clean room preferred.
- Certified auditor for ISO13485 or 9001.
- Knowledgeable in SAP Quality Management, Oracle Data Warehouse, Mini-Tab, Query tools such as Qlik, web-based systems, and MS Excel (power user).
- CQE, six-sigma Black Belt or Green Belt.
- Fluent in English, as well as language within region.
- BS in Electrical/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years working experience in Medical / Aerospace / Automotive quality Management
- Experience in APQP project management
- Experience in manufacturing process of electro mechanical commodities
- Experience in Part Qualification & Quality Controls