The Application Systems Engineer position will be in integral part of the Test Automation / Test Modernization team within Enterprise Quality Engineering in Enterprise IT. This is an exciting and challenging new opportunity working with the Automation Team within the Mortgage Assembly line applications. This team member will have an opportunity to lead automation activities across multiple environments and platforms. This role will be assigned to lead Automation development activities that will directly relate to the CORE system, and be expected to perform development activities included, but not limited to the following listed below:
- Champion automated testing within the Test teams.
- Partner closely with the business and testing teams to understand requirements, business functionality and test execution needs from release to release
- Collaborate with business, development and test teams to identify test automation opportunities.
- Play a key role in defining, creating and expanding on the Automated Test solution.
- Create, develop and maintain Test Automation Frameworks and automation scripts for Home Lending Applications.
- Identify and Script net new test cases that will support new functionality in the mortgage applications.
- Provide technical expertise in system architecture, automation architecture, integration, XML, debugging, troubleshooting errors.
- Drive and recommend test optimization strategies.
- Plan and strategize the automation approach to scripting and development of new tools as it pertains to new functionality and customer demands
- Be responsible for individual coding task assignments as well as assess impact to integrating that code.
- Act as a mentor for QA resources, provide training as required to QA resources on script creation, maintenance, debugging and troubleshooting.
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 3+ years of management or leadership experience
- 3+ years of Java experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Self-driven with strong technical hands-on experience
- Hands-on working experience with Git, Jenkins, Docker, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Appium, TestNg, Maven, JMeter and Jira.
- Proven experience in test automation development for large applications.
- Strong experience in creating, developing, maintaining and troubleshooting test automation scripts.
- Proven track record of enhancing or eliminating manual testing efforts using automated approaches.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Mortgage industry experience will be a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time