As an Applied Solutions Architect at Capital One, you will be facilitating engineering guilds; reviewing, sharing, and enhancing reference implementations; providing feedback on application designs; providing input on company-wide initiatives; embedding in engineering teams to jump start complex projects; and helping raise the talent bar by recruiting and hiring top engineering talent. You will also work with product owners to articulate benefits of proposed solutions; influence technical roadmap of enterprise platforms; and help business prioritize work. If this sounds exciting, the Applied Solutions Architect role could be for you!
The person we’re looking for:
- Is passionate about hands-on coding, testing, releasing, monitoring, and supporting working software in production
- Has depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Values data and truth over ego
- Has a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, takes pride in the code they write
- Believes that good software development includes good testing, documentation, and collaboration
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- Has ability to build consensus and iteratively improve solutions
- Firmly believes in leading by influence and by adding value
- At least 4 years experience developing multiple programming languages, frameworks, and patterns (we use Java, Clojure, Scala, Node.js, Python, Ruby, Go)
- At least 2 years experience designing software systems
- At least 2 years experience leading engineers
- At least 1 year of experience developing and deploying applications on public cloud
- At least 1 year of experience with microservices and REST APIs
- 5+ years of experience in agile development and methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience building consumer-facing web and mobile software solutions at scale
- 1+ years of experience with rapid prototyping and interface design testing
- 2+ years of experiencerecruiting top software engineering talent.
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience presenting at conferences and meetups