Applied Solutions Architect - Big Data / Database
Less than 5 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
AppliedSolutions Architect - Big Data/DatabaseYou believe that code speaks louder than PowerPoint, and that the best solutions are arrived at by engineers working collaboratively on a problem rather than by mandate. You look forward to finding that obscure race condition in code review. You have multiple solutions for no-downtime deployment of distributed customer facing systems, and can list pros and cons of each. You’d rather re-use a good solution than re-invent the wheel. You are open minded to different technical solutions, but forceful in questioning their merit. You get equally excited about a product feature that will make customers’ lives better, and about the latest Docker release. Youwant to jump in and contribute code whenever possible.
As an Applied Solutions Architect at Capital One, you will be facilitating engineering guilds; reviewing, sharing, and enhancing reference implementations; providing feedback on application designs; providing input on company-wide initiatives; embedding in engineering teams to jump start complex projects; and helping raise the talent bar by recruiting and hiring top engineering talent. You will also work with product owners to articulate benefits of proposed solutions; influence technical roadmap of enterprise platforms; and help business prioritize work. If this sounds exciting, the Applied Solutions Architect role could be for you!
The person we’re looking for:
- Is passionate about hands-on coding, testing, releasing, monitoring, and supporting working software in production
- Has depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Values data and truth over ego
- Has a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, takes pride in the code they write
- Believes that good software development includes good testing, documentation, and collaboration
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- Has ability to build consensus and iteratively improve solutions
- Firmly believes in leading by influence and by adding value
- At least 4 years of programming language experience
- At least 2 years experience designing software systems
- At least 2 years experience leading engineers
- At least 1 year of experience developing and deploying applications on public cloud
- At least 1 year of experience with microservices and REST APIs
- 5+ years of experience in agile development and methodologies.
- 4+ years of experience in Java, Clojure, Scala, Node, Python, Ruby, Go or a combination
- 2+ years of experience building consumer-facing web and mobile software solutions at scale
- 1+ years of experience with rapid prototyping and interface design testing
- 2+ years of experience recruiting top software engineering talent.
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience presenting at conferences and meetups
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.