• PhD degree in computer science, operations research, statistics, engineering, or mathematics
• 3+ years of experience in the field with a proven track record
• Experience with fast prototyping
• Experience with object oriented languages and efficient low level coding
• Experience with data mining or machine learning applications
• Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong publication record at top conferences and journals
As an Applied Scientist you are expected be an expert in an area relevant for large scale machine learning and its applications.
Your position will require you to:
• Be an active member of a software development team.
• Improve and accelerate our technology with science, statistical modeling, algorithm design, and prototyping.
• Maintain an understanding of industry and technology trends in said area of research.
• Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.
• Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.