Requisition Number R0030474
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are seeking an applied research scientist to build machine learning algorithm/system to improve eBay search and online advertising. This is an exciting position, which provides the candidate an opportunity to solve web scale and high impact business problem by using big data, statistical and machine learning technologies in search and advertising domain.
- Participate in cutting edge research in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications.
- Develop solutions for large scale problems in eBay search and advertising.
- Serve as subject matter expert and drive thought leadership in the areas of statistical analysis, machine learning and business intelligence.
- MS or PhD degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent is required for this position.
- 3-5+ years industrial experience in data mining or statistical learning is preferred.
- Experience with two or more of the following: search, ads tech, natural language understanding, classification, regression, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems, and fraud detection.
- Hands-on experience with big data processing, e.g. Hadoop, Pig/Hive, SQL, Spark is necessary.
- Familiar with Java, Scala, Python or other programming languages.
- Good verbal and written communications skills, both verbal and written in English
- Attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and in a team to research innovative solutions to challenging business problems.