Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
Computational Postdoctoral Fellow
Developing omics integration approaches and single cell computational tools for cancer research.
- This computational postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for developing novel analytics for analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting single cell omics data.
· There will be ample opportunities to interact directly with basic, translational, clinical researchers, bioinformaticians, and biostatisticians to develop algorithms or tools for analyzing single cell data.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A highly motivated researcher with a strong quantitative scientific background and programming skills.
- Research background/experiences in machine learning, AI, and/or interactive tool development.
- Ability to learn new tools and knowledge is highly desirable.
- Will be responsible for developing novel analytics for analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting single cell omics data.
- Will help understand tumor-microenvironment changes, cancer patient treatment response, and for treatment prediction.
Credentials and Qualifications:
Required: PhD in Data Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Experience in developing open-source software and/or interactive web-based tools.
- Solid quantitative background and experiences of developing novel algorithms or methods for analyzing time series data.
- Experience of integration of multi-omics data including whole exome sequencing, RNA-seq, metabolomics, proteomics, etc.
- Research background in machine learning and AI.
- Experience with cloud computing/compute cluster environments.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.