Applied Machine Learning Engineer, Software Engineer II, Cloud & Enterprise Security
Digital thieves are getting more sophisticated and harder to detect and stop, and our customers are looking up to us to protect their accounts, subscriptions, data and services from compromise – whether in their own data centers, Microsoft’s cloud environments or other environments. Proactive measures, including infrastructuresecurity improvements, Privileged Identity Management and multi-factor authentication, are only part of the solution.
As an engineer in our team in C+E Security division you are uniquely positioned to apply machine learning techniques to detect unseen patterns of malicious and suspicious behavior. You will develop detection algorithms that will be applicable across multiple services and data sources, enabling us to build detections at scale, and keeping up with constantly changing threatlandscape. Your detections will create a multiplier effect on security analyst’s investigations, resulting in reducing their burden and increasing their effectiveness. Feedback form first-party and third-party customers is incorporated into our detections to continuously improve their efficacy. We are leveraging a unique combination of security research and machine learning to develop the leading edge of enterprise security intelligence. Come be part of this exciting new generation of security analytics!
Job Responsibilities include:
• Develop high-performance machine learning systems for detecting abnormality, intrusion, fraud, masquerading, etc.
• Deliver end to end solutions to analyze data that originates from users, services, or other automated systems
• Develop infrastructure as required to enable new experiences in enterprise security intelligence by deriving meaning from vast array of enterprise data about users and their activity
• Actively engage other teams across the company to identify security scenarios where machine learning/applied statistics can be used, and lead the development of solutions to these problems
• Act as an expert in the area of machine learning/statistics to serve the growing needs of C+E Security
• Provide technical leadership to otherdevelopers
• 2+ years of educational or professional experience in applying machine learning and data mining techniques to real problems with copious amounts of data
• 2+ years of experience developing production quality code in a professional software engineering role
PreferredExperience and Skills
• Strong algorithmic background and experienceapplying knowledge to solve real problems
• Experience with very large scale data processing/analysis (a.k.a. big data)
• Strong C++ and/or C# skills (C# preferred) and understanding of software design patterns
• Experience developing high-performance service-oriented solutions
• Ability to work independently to actively identify and drive solutions for evolving business problems
• A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science is highly desired. Candidates with a Ph.D. in other quantifiable fields (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Physics) with applied practical experience and programming background are also desirable