Digital thieves are getting more sophisticated and harder to detect and stop. Our enterprise customers are asking us to do more to protect their accounts from compromise and the data to which they have access from theft – whether in their own data centers, Microsoft’s cloud environments or other environments. Proactive measures, including infrastructuresecurity improvements, Privileged Identity Management and multi-factor authentication, are only part of the solution.
The C+E Security Division team is seeking highly talented and motivated software engineers with strong machine learning/statistical background to help prevent the theft of our customer’s digital assets using a range of behavioral modeling techniques. We are on the lead edge applying a unique combination of security research and machine learning that we call enterprise security intelligence. Come be part of this exciting new generation of security analytics!
Job Responsibilities include:
• Develop high-performance machine learning systems for detecting abnormality, intrusion, fraud, masquerading, etc.
• Deliver end to end solutions to analyze data that originates from users, services, or other automated systems
• Develop infrastructure as required to enable new experiences in enterprise security intelligence by deriving meaning from vast array of enterprise data about users and their activity
• Actively engage other teams across the company to identify security scenarios where machine learning/applied statistics can be used, and lead the development of solutions to these problems
• Act as an expert in the area of machine learning/statistics to serve the growing needs of C+E Security
• Provide technical leadership to otherdevelopers
• 5+ years of educational or professional experience in applying machine learning and data mining techniques to real problems with copious amounts of data
• Strong algorithmic background and experienceapplying knowledge to solve real problems
• Experience with very large scale data processing/analysis (a.k.a. big data)
• Strong C++ and/or C# skills (C# preferred) and understanding of software design patterns
• Experience developing high-performance service-oriented solutions
• 5+ years of experience developing production quality code in a professional software engineering role
• Ability to work independently to actively identify and drive solutions for evolving business problems
• A Ph.D degree in Computer Science is highly desired. Candidates with a Ph.D in other quantifiable fields (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Physics) with applied practical experience and programming background are also desirable