FARO has a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. FARO is completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
Perform duties to provide technical support to domestic and international high profile and complex customer issues, serve as mentor to Customer Service Specialists while providing support, training & expertise in coordinate measurement to the company’s customers, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
This is an ideal job for a problem solving mechanical engineer who is looking for an exciting opportunity with a high growth company.
This position requires:
- B.S. Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering Degreerequired and 3+ years experience as Applications Engineer in CAD based metrology market.
- Excellent understanding of 2D and 3D CAD, Metrology, blueprint interpretation, GD & T.
- Demonstrated mastery of computer based metrology software and hardware. Knowledge of all FARO products
- Exhibits exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills as recognized by peers.
- Eligible for employment in the US. Valid driver’s license. Ability to lift 50+ lbs. on a regular basis.
- Occasional lifting of very light and lightweight materials, some lifting of average or heavy weight materials over 60 lbs, occasional bending, stooping and upper body & arm rotation, frequent pushing, pulling, sitting, standing and reaching and some climbing.
Tools and equipment used:
- Common office equipment, computer, computerized measuring machine and related peripherals.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Communicate with Software & Applications Engineers in order to determine and log problems with any FARO products. Document and share issue resolutions with the team.
- Provide feedback to the Technical Support Supervisor for product improvement on a regular basis as determined by experience with product issues and customer needs and desires.
- Sign-off Customer Service Specialist training checklists upon requirement completions.
- Respond to high profile or complex customer inquiries received from customer or department staff related to the organization’s software products. Make inquiries to determine the nature and extent of problem and to isolate areas of concern. Identify causes of problems and provide solutions to customers. Structure solutions to suit user circumstances and level of competency and communicate through means suited to user requirements.
- Evaluate customer’s application requirements, when directed. Interpret drawings, CAD data, GD&T and inspection plans in order to prepare necessary documentation and provide advanced application specific assistance and support to customers and the Customer Service Department.
- Communicate directly with customers and assist the Customer Service department regarding any problems arising after installation and resolve any issues adhering to established procedures and utilizing expertise, available tools and other technical personnel as needed.
- Document user inquiries and problems. Identify trends in support requirements, notify engineering staff as to significant trends and recommend the inclusion of information in on-line help program, manuals or other resources to respond to issues repeatedly raised by customers. Contact third party software developers to determine solutions for common interface problems and incorporate solutions into responses to customers. Prepare and issue specific instructions for customers related to commonly recurring problems.
- Review data from customers including digital photographs, technical drawings, 3D models, inspection plans and parts and provide service estimates. Contact customers to clarify requirements and explain the following steps in the process.
- Identify when problems represent engineering software design issues and report suspected design flaws to designated department heads.
- Create training manuals, quick reference guides and review documentation for technical accuracy, as needed, in support of Customer Service.
- Provide support, resources and coordination for the development and implementation of service centers in other countries.
Other duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required or directed, to maintain workflow and meet production schedules and requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Recommend revisions to control documentation such as production checklists, operating procedures and policy manuals. Make and distribute authorized modifications as directed.
- Recommend revisions to control documentation such as production check lists, operating procedures and policy manuals. Make and distribute authorized modifications as directed.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Perform other related duties as assigned.