General Summary: The Application Systems Analyst works with the client business units and information systems technical support staff to analyze complex business problems tobe solved with information technology. Additionally, this position provides Level II application support for a pre-defined suite of applications.
- Consults with business unit management and personnel to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage formatting and security requirements.
- Works closely with project management staff to deliver application-related projects on time and within budgeted parameters.
- Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures.
- Writes and maintains functional specifications for new or modified business systems. Tracks and documents changes to functional and business specifications.
- Develops, coordinates work of others to develop, test, install and modify programs.
- Responsible for user access management, back & restores, interfaces, reporting and audit related activities for assigned enterprise applications.
- Provides application functionality and technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems or questions about applications. Trains end users to use programs.
- Liaison with 3rd party vendors to provide 3rd level support.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years of IS experience with three years in the support of either integrated financial or clinical suites of applications
- Working knowledge of Project Management Methodology
- High-level functionality with the MS Office Suite including Excel, Project, Visio, and Access.
- Experience with applications such as ADP Vantage, Great Plains, Concur, eCharms and other Hospital or Home Health based applications is a plus
- Basic SQL skills (Queries and scripts) and understanding of database structure
- Strong communication, interpersonal, attention to detail and presentation skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Finance, or Business Management preferred