Tommy Bahama is a lifestyle company that defines relaxed, sophisticated style. From its casual-yet-upscale collections of men's and women's apparel, swimwear, footwear, accessories and home furnishings to island-inspired cuisine and cocktails with a signature twist at our restaurants, your island escape is well within reach. Tommy Bahama is looking for qualified team members to join our efforts to create an island lifestyle that inspires the world to relax.
Provide advanced technical support for the company’s database driven client/server based Restaurant, Enterprise, and POS retail business systems. Typical tasks include systems planning and integration, technical and operational support, vendor oversight, training, and documentation.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Provide daily operational support for the suite of Retail applications including the Aptos Connected Retail suite applications; Merchandising, Planning, Allocations, CRM, Sales Audit, and Point of Sale
- Provide daily operational support for Micros RES and my MICROS in support of restaurant operations.
- Provide Tier III technical support for Retail Point of Sale registers and Restaurant terminals at over 150 retail and 15 restaurant locations.
- Receive & respond to applications related trouble reports from Infrastructure Operations Team, systems alarms, or internal systems user reports.
- Assign and/or update incident severity levels based on business impacts.
- Provide technical research resources for incident resolution coordinating with vendors when necessary.
- Inform user groups and IT teams of incident occurrences and provide periodic status and resolution ETA.
- Build and configure new store or restaurant servers, Point of Sale registers, and restaurant terminals.
- Manage (application) software configuration of store servers & registers and restaurant servers & terminals.
- Maintain troubleshooting documentation for frequent incident occurrences and FAQ’s for user groups.
- Work with software vendors regarding resolution of application bugs and systems issues.
- Create technical/operational test plans for new software patches and releases.
- Implement patches and releases into production systems.
- Identify and develop in-house systems functions and/or reports where vendor-provided software falls short of business needs.
- Provide 24/7 emergency support for systems and applications as needed
- Participate in established ITIL processes to drive out inefficiencies, operationalize recurring incidents, and continuously work to improve team’s customer satisfaction.
EXPERIENCE, TALENT AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- 5+ years of IT experience with demonstrated progression of skills and responsibilities.
- Experience with Windows O/S and Active Directory environment.
- Ability to work through problems independently.
- Must have professional phone, email, and customer service skills.
- Experience with ticketing systems like ServiceNOW, Remedy, or equivalent solutions.
- Knowledge of SQL server database environment and SQL tools.
- Understanding of relational databases including the ability to interpret schemas.
- Experience developing SQL queries.
- Experience writing scripts using PERL, DBI, VBS, shell, or bat.
- Experience working with files using FTP, SCP, regex, diff, or parsing XML.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, or Tripwire highly desired.
- Experience working in a retail or restaurant environment highly desired.
- Experience with Aptos, Epicor, NSB, or Micros systems highly desired.
- Experience with VeriFone pin pad devices highly desired.
- Ability to comprehend and document technical issues with an attention to detail.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and communicate status of multiple tasks.
- Ability to create intuitive technical and non-technical documentation