Under general supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business/clinical requirements to support the enterprise strategies, strategic vision and goals of the System. Creates, expands and/or modifies healthcare enterprise and subject area implementations as required to support creation and maintenance of decision support systems, executive information systems and clinical support systems. Mentors less experienced application analysts. Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business/clinical implications of the application of technology. Scope of Influence: Works with Application Coordinator, or Project Manager on specific project tasks.
Duties and Responisbilities
- Creates and maintains applications in support of enterprise strategies and objectives.
- Contributes to healthcare enterprise and subject area implementations, serving as project lead/manager on small-to-medium size projects.
- Assists with defining and modifying applications.
- Uses software maintenance and report writing tools as required.
- Manages multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Prepares status reports on tasks assigned.
- Understands data structure modeling and applies that knowledge to generate solution for our clients, developing creative solutions to complex problems.
- Utilizes advanced knowledge, skills and ability to provide day-to-day support for assigned applications and customers.
- Performs advanced analyst tasks with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Performs on-call duties as required.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as identified.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment and safety standards.
- Continuously updates personal information technology skills and knowledge.
- Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation.
- Other combinations of formal education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum Experience:
- 5 - 8 years, including at least 3 years experience supporting healthcare applications or technologies, with demonstrated experience leading projects using established project management methodologies
- Min Field Of ExpertiseComputer Science/Information Systems with healthcare data analysis
- Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree with Science or Technology Major
- Physical Demands:
- Mostly sedentary work
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking
- OtherAble to work well in a Team Environment as a member and/or leader. Able to accept
- responsibility. Thorough knowledge of relevant specialty areas. Analytical and logical
- approach to solving problems. Superior clarity and discipline in communication skills - written and verbal. Capable of imaginative and abstract reasoning. Advanced troubleshooting skills. Self-reliant and capable of independent work. Knowledge of system process engineering.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.