Identifies and assesses clinical & non-clinical application training, development and educational needs within the organization, as well as, designs, delivers and evaluates programs in response to those needs. Works closely with Operations and Organizational Excellence to coordinate and perform training for new hires; and during upgrades to applications. Develops/Updates application course materials, delivers and facilitates workshops, seminars and other educational programs as necessary. Assists with project based programs and supports organization-wide initiatives. Acts as a support resource for clinical and administrative staff of all levels in support the organizations goals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5 Years healthcare experience (clinical office-based setting preferred)
- 3-5 Years Practice Management (PM) software experience (NextGen preferred)
- 3-5 Years Electronic Health Records (EHR) experience (NextGen preferred)
- Coordinates the creation and delivery of application training, documentation, competency development, support and educational programs for both new hires and existing employees.
- Performs and oversees the delivery of classroom and / or one-on-one training for application enhancements, new processes, special project roll outs and/or other organization training initiatives.
- Develops a strong working knowledge of the practice operations and applications, and participates in recommendations for both system and process enhancements.
- Works closely with team members, practice leadership, administrative and clinical staff to evaluate processes within the organization and offer recommendations to redesign these processes in order to improve efficiency, compliance and patient care experience.
- Creates and manages timely flow of educational information to the application end users across the EHR organization.
- Analyze workflow within physician practices to determine opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in and/or leads meetings, teams or focus groups to address topics relating to the organization such as new initiatives, enhancements to existing applications, and improvements and changes in policies and procedures.
- Facilitate classes, maintains training database, creates training schedules, class reminders, tracks attendance and evaluates user evaluations. In addition, will work with team members to maintain the department's web site.
- Maintain record of daily communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities using internal ticket training software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.