TA Instruments Applications Organization is comprised of highly skilled, motivated and customer focused professionals that are technical experts on TA’s product lines. As an Applications Engineer you’ll join a team of specialists that are committed to ensuring TA’s world-renowned support for our customers who utilize our scientific instrumentation. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple disciplines including; Sales, Service, Product Management, and Engineering supporting our customers both pre- and post-sale. Whether you are running samples, teaching training courses, giving technical seminars, or doing other tasks to support our worldwide business you’ll find new and exciting challenges daily.
- Provide applications support for pre and post sales activities for the Microcalorimetry product line.
- Provide technical support for sales representatives
- Give technical presentations during sales calls with the sales representatives
- Perform instrument demonstrations at customer sites and TA Instruments applications laboratories
- Run customer samples and generate technical reports in an effort to close sales as well as contract test services
- Provide post sales training in the form of hands-on sessions, lectures, applications notes and recorded videos
- Will be required to interact frequently with the TA Instruments - Lindon, UT facility. The Lindon location is the core manufacturing and engineering site for the microcalorimetry product line.
- Minimum of a 4-yeardegree in the field of Biophysical Chemistry or Protein Chemistry. Ph.D. is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant analytical experience in industry or academia.
- Has a clear understanding of the science of Microcalorimetry with experience in Isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC), Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and Isothermal calorimetry. A working knowledge of thermal characterization of polymers and pharmaceuticals is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to travel by both air and ground carrier. International travel is required. Expected travel is 20-30%.