Looking for a new challenge? Are you an accomplished technical professional with experience in the development and maintenance of comprehensive software applications. Do you have multiple years of web development and databaseexperience including all phases of the application development life cycle? Levi, Ray and Shoup, Inc., a company known for valuing its employees, needs your capabilities to fill an Applications Specialist position within its Information Systems Development (ISD) group.
The person we’re seeking for our team will develop and maintain applications that run the internal functions of LRS. This person will be expected to gain an in-depth understanding of the LRS internal processes, including how each unique group within LRS functions, all associated development tools and third party products.
If you are selected for this position, you will be required to work both independently and as part of a team to develop and maintain applications that run the business of LRS including accounts receivable, accounts payable, financials, human resource applications, product management and customer relationship management software. You will be expected to understand and adhere to our product development standards and collaborate with other members of our ISD team.
You will be based at our corporate headquarters in Springfield, IL. This position involves minimal travel. As an Applications Specialist, you are eligible for paid overtime
- Within the first 45 days you will develop an understanding of the ISD technical platform and development tools. You will verbally demonstrate this understanding to your manager and other ISD employees.
- Within the first 45 days you will be able to review and complete action items as they relate to application defects, enhancements and new features.
- Within the first 60 days you will have gained a thorough understanding of the various database models and be able to perform and troubleshoot queries against the databases using T-SQL.
- Within the first 90 days you will develop a detailed understanding of the various custom applications and processes used at LRS. You will be able to understand and propose solutions to user needs across a variety of systems.
- You must have a minimum of fiveyears working in a software development environment andexperiencewriting web-based applications with:
- Knowledge and experience with web-based architecture
- Knowledge and experience with relational database programming
- Ability to understand, diagnose and fix issues with web-based programs accessing a database backend
- Experience with any of the following technologies will make you a stronger candidate:
- .NET development with C# or VB.NET
- MVC software architecture pattern
- Web client technologies including jQuery, HTML5 and CSS
- Web Service development using REST and SOAP
- You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available.