Our Enterprise Shared Services Applications Solutions support team has a management team opening in support of one of our internal business application portfolios. The successful candidate will develop and manage direct reports in support of multiple business applications including Oracle E-Business Suite and custom developed solutions.
This position reports to the Application Solutions Director for the Electronics Sector. The position will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to a technical team of business analysts and developers, and provide support to the Director in developing forecasts and solutions to meet or exceed key operating objectives/metrics.
The position leads the team to collaborate with business to understand IT requirements and priorities, oversees the delivery of all IT services in their area of support, collaborates with the business units to define requirements and business cases for technology improvements and development, and partners with business and technology teams to schedule and implement improvements.
- Develops budget and forecast to support business and technology roadmaps
- Manage team resources to meet application delivery commitments and expectations
- Communicates with all functional disciplines, IT, and stakeholder groups to gather prioritized business requirements for new systems, capabilities or modifications
- Manages a portfolio of applications and their life-cycles including project roadmaps and change management
- Monitors applications for compliance to configuration management and software security controls.
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies
- Maintains knowledge of multiple business needs and initiatives to identify where con?icts/synergies exist between capability requirements
- Monitors and manages financials for areas of responsibility
- Manages approvals and escalations within IT organization
- Liaison to major software vendor representatives for BAE Systems priorities.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Previous experience managing virtual teams in an IT environment
Previous experience managing an Oracle E-Business Suite environment
- Previous experience managing applications using an Oracle technology stack
- Understanding of multi-tiered business applications in shared environments
- Ability to operate independently and pro-actively
- Ability to establish, maintain, nurture, and promote excellent customer relationships
- Proficient with scope management techniques
- Must be highly organized with excellent technical, analytical, problem solving, presentation, communication and decision making skills and be able to interface with all levels of management, functional and technical team
- Ability to multi-task in response to conflicting and changing priorities
- Strong team building, interpersonal, and leadership/influential skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Understanding of labor and payroll processing in a multi-business environment
- Experience managing AutoTime or other COTS time collection application and its associated interfaces, modifications and/or upgrades in a complex manufacturing environment
- Experience with Oracle Applications Exrpress (APEX) a plus
- Experience managing IT systems in a commercial aerospace or defense company